The candidate should have the following skills and experience to qualify for the role:
- 10-15 years of large project management experience
- Experience in developing project plans, business analysis, and their execution
- Experience in operational, process or organizational design and related change management activities
- Driven specific workstreams within individual projects
- Assisted in the development and deployment of internal or customer Operating Models
- Led working groups or created key project deliverables (data analysis to drive operational or organizational decisions, process flows, RACI diagrams, communications) to support the development of operating models
- Assisted working groups on remediation of key program issues or risks to closure
- Partnered with external operational leadership, functional SMEs, key stakeholders and consumers in the design and implementation of operating models for operations (roles/responsibilities, location strategy, control framework)
- Developed end to end change management plans to transition from current state to target operating model
- Managed project management processes across Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile methodologies
- Led the documentation of business requirements / user stories
- Managed end-to-end projects; including defining quality strategy, quality assurance, and quality control as per industry standard quality management frameworks including CMMI ML 4, ISO 20000, and PMI/PMP guidelines
- Performed day-to-day maintenance of project plans, metrics, risk/issues as well as development and regular presentation of project status reports / updates to the organization and senior management
- Provided project or business analysis support as necessary on other projects (e.g. product on-boarding)
- Managed communication of status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management through scorecards
- Provided business and data analysis to large, cross line of business initiatives; analyzed and documented key business discussions and requirements, managed timelines, risks, issues, and dependencies tracking action items and other project related materials
- PMI / Scrum Certified
- Should have worked recently with a CMMI ML4 organization. ML5 is an added advantage
- Experience with SAFe® is an added advantage
- US Government Contracting / Healthcare industry / Fortune 500 experience
- Ability to communicate exceptionally well (written, visual and verbal) and partner with key stakeholders to help develop project agendas
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail; capable of synthesizing and summarizing complex data or findings to drive decision making
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate personal initiative, ownership and accountability
- Has an attitude of continuous improvement, both for the self and the organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity through the definition of prerequisites, critical success factors, and assumptions
- Effective interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment
As AVP of Project Management, you will set the direction for implementing products and services for our customers using appropriate methodologies, industry standards and best practices to ensure customer success through the continuous delivery of business value, timeliness, predictability, transparency, agility, reduced risk and improved financial outcomes.
This will include defining project organization structures, quality plans, change management plans, implementation approaches, and other key project management artifacts in-line with the company’s Integrated Quality Framework, and customer defined standards. These will be used by teams to deliver high-impact projects across our multiple product and service lines and Business Units.
You will partner with key internal business and technology stakeholders to analyze customers’ business/operational processes, identify business and operational requirements, define delivery pipelines, manage user acceptance criteria and testing, and define solution implementation approaches. You will also define the artifacts for providing senior customer management with comprehensive project updates.
This role requires a senior professional with comprehensive project management experience under his / her belt who wants to use the experience gathered over the years to define the direction that each project should take from preparation to delivery. Since this will be done without much direct customer interaction, the candidate should have the ability to extract key information from recordings of customer meetings and product demonstrations as well as formal RFIs and RFPs released by the Customer.
Due to the nature of our customers and their procurement processes, all the planning required takes place at the time of preparing RFI / RFP responses, the candidate will therefore be required to identify and articulate in writing, comprehensive, high-impact, strategies, plans, processes, supporting artifacts and deliverables within short turnaround times, and often with limited information at hand. Such articulation will include infographics, diagrams, highlights, and other techniques for keeping customer evaluators engaged and interested in what you are proposing. You will therefore partner with our Brand Experience Group to translate your visualizations into high-quality graphics.
When not working on creating project directions for our customers, you may be required to work upon specific organizational improvement initiatives including helping us attain CMMI ML 5, as well as projects may which involve product building, or customer implementations.